Glossary of Packaging Terms
- A thin plastic disc case available in multiple colors, and shaped like its namesake.
- DVD Case
- Sometimes called "Amaray" style and available in multiple colors, DVD cases are available in multiple discs sizes and can hold a printed entrapment on the outside. Some have clips on the inside to hold printed materials.
- A cardboard or padded bubble cushion that covers a disc package completely. Suitable for sending discs through the mail.
- Jewel Case
- A standard sized plastic case that holds a disc, booklet, and tray card insert. Available in black and clear.
- Can be cardboard or padded bubble, suitable for sending discs through the mail.
- An exclusive disc storage system that uses molded plastic binders and rings to store discs.
- A sealed plastic wrapping that encases a CD or DVD case, with a folded edge to it. Similar to a cigarette pack wrapper.
- Shrink Wrap
- Plastic material that is thermal reactive, and will "shrink" to the shape of the product that it is covering.
- A paper packaging solution for CD and DVD discs. Often they are inexpensive and made of paper, Tyvek, or cardboard. Can have windows to see disc.
- A DVD or CD case that is much narrower than their standard-sized counterparts.
- A disc-shaped plastic case that stores discs on a center hub and snaps closed.
- The black or clear plastic part of the jewel case that has a hub for storing discs.
- Tray Card
- The printed insert that goes behind the disc tray in a standard CD jewel case.
- A square-shaped flexible disc case made of colored plastic.
- An innovative, unbreakable case for storing optical discs. Uses a 3-point trigger system to hold disc. Available in varieties holding inserts or for insertion in binders.
- A flexible thermoplastic used in making clear sleeves for discs.